Join us for our relaxing
UNIQUE ONE KNITTING WEEKEND
April 23, 24, & 25, 2010
Please Note: Our March 26, 27, 7 28 Knitting Weekend is FULL, so we are offering an additional Knitting Weekend in April!
Come to the Lord Camden Inn, Camden's finest luxury, boutique Inn, boasting unsurpassed service, comfort and elegance, with a premier village location and magnificent views of Camden Harbor and the surrounding coastal mountains!
Join Beth and the staff of Unique One Sweater & Yarn shop for a relaxing weekend of knitting, spinning, or whatever fiber work you enjoy most. Relax with your knitting, win doorprizes, and enjoy spending time with other fiber fanatics, sharing knowledge and indulging your fiber needs.
- Private Shopping at Unique One! Knitting Weekend participants can enjoy private shopping at Unique One from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday of your knitting weekend. With a 20% discount, of course! Unique One will also offer 20% off any purchase at the store throughout the entire weekend, for Knitting Weekend participants.
- Knitters Reception at Unique One, 7 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. : Wine, appetizers, coffee or tea -- pick up your Knitting Weekend goodie bag, meet other knitting weekenders, browse Unique One, and then go on back to the Lord Camden Inn conference room to hang out, eat, drink, chat, knit, spin, relax. Greet old friends and make new ones! Find a comfy spot and knit or spin or whatever suits you.
- Unique One's Knitting Weekend is a very laid back affair, providing knitters with lots of time to simply be with other knitters, enjoy talking about knitting, sharing projects, relaxing, and asking questions you may have about knitting. Spend all day in your pajamas, knitting or spinning and eating chocolate, if you want to! When do you ever get to do that? Beth will be on hand (possibly in her pajamas too) to answer your knitting questions, teach mini "how-to" lessons, and generally laugh and knit along with you and act silly. Come act silly with me while you knit or spin :)
- Do you have a laptop? Bring it with you and watch knitting DVD's ... Beth has a collection of knitting DVDs for you to peruse, to entertain, to teach, or to preview. Been thinking about buying a knitting DVD but wanted a chance to look it over first? Come look at these. Also, the Lord Camden Inn has wifi access, so we can share knitting websites, blogs, free patterns and maybe even create our own Unique One Knitting Weekend 2010 web page! Don't worry, what goes on at the Unique One Knitting Weekend, stays at the Unique One Knitting Weekend. We will keep your secrets safe.
- For lunch and dinner on Saturday, folks are on their own, but your Knitting Weekend goodie bag will contain discount coupons for several eateries in town. Take the opportunity to check out one of the several fabulous restaurants in Camden!
- Saturday evening, bring your knitting and spinning and hang out with us in the conference room! It is always fun to see what everyone is knitting, share tips and techniques, or new fiber and yarn finds. If Beth gets her act together she may even set up a knitting machine and do a demonstration of how Unique One sweaters are made!
- Come knit your last goodbyes in the morning, get a group picture taken, and fill out our Knitting Weekend guestbook! You don't need to check out of the Inn till noon, so you might as well squeeze in that last little bit of knitting and spinning relaxation time.
On-going Throughout the Weekend
- Door prizes: THREE door prizes will be given out during the knitting weekend! You could be a winner! Beth has carefully chosen some wonderful items from Unique One to give away!
- Plenty of "UKT". My friend Joan Davis, knitter extraordinaire, used to offer some wonderful knitting events over the years, including some great knitting cruises on the Pauline, both here in Penobscot Bay and down in the Chesapeake. She also offered what she called "Knit Inns" at local bed and breakfasts here in the Camden area. One of the best parts of Joan's knitting events were what she called "UKT" -- "Uninterrupted Knitting Time". I'm hoping to recapture some of the joy and magic of Joan's knitting events, and that includes plenty of UKT. So please feel free to relax, enjoy the wonderful ambience of the beautiful Lord Camden Inn, and just hang out and knit or spin all weekend with others who share your passion!
How Much Does It Cost? How Do I Sign Up?
To reserve your space at this event, you must do two things:
- Each Unique One Knitting Weekend costs $75, payable to Unique One. Call toll free 1-888-691-8358 to register and pay. A $25 deposit is required when you register.
You must also call the Lord Camden Inn 1-800-336-4325 and reserve your room. This costs $100 per person, per night. Breakfast (very yummy! there are Waffles!) and taxes are included.
Please call Unique One toll free if you have any questions: 1-888-691-8358